Sixteen Barrel Cross Ram Intake

-
6X2 on my 440

100_2810.jpg

That is fancy! Bet it has crisp throttle response being that the carb is over the intake port like that.

You know, I think that air horn, though fitting to the build of the intake, will shroud your air flow. I had a vaguely similar setup on a 4 barrel once, just an elbow (was going to make a cold air intake type deal), totally dogged and bogged simply with the elbow, exchanged the elbow for a regular breather, ran great. Not sure if that applies to your sweet intake setup.

I was thinking about building a long ram with four 2 barrels or something until I read that tuning a long ram really only gives power in 1 or 2 specific rpm points, and yields marginal to no advantage otherwise over a good normal intake...

Hey, what is that intake setup you have? Offenhauser? I would love to have that with a big breather that was like a dual quad breather, but covered all the carbs hooked to a super stock hood scoop.. :) yeaaaaaa! Well I guess your setup is more for a "rod" or "rat rod" type deal where you can see the carbs sucking air..

6X2 on my 440

-
Back