sk tools?

-

raw111

Reaction score
So i was going thru my tools and all to see what i had broken needed to be replaced, and i have 4 sk sets, out of the one i use the most a metric combination, i am missing a couple and have 2 broken,So i wanted to replace, and get warrantied, Well i cant find a local dealer! and the sk tools website was no help. And the customer service was closed, Does anyone know of a chain auto parts store that i can try? or any local guys? thanks west allis wi

sk tools out of busines until resent,my tool dealer in berwin il told me that sk will start to warranty broken tools some time april of 2011.

wow that sucks :( i hope i can get them replaced guess im not buying anymore of them for awhile i bought my dad 2 kits as well

that's why I abuse Craftsman tools, local, and no problem.

Most of my hand tools, and bench top and free standing tools are Craftsman. Recently I returned a Craftsman tape measure to Sears, and the gave me a "similar" Stanley tape measure in return. According to the clear, they will no longer be honoring the "Warranted for ever" slogan, at least on tape measure.

btw, most of my hand held cordless power tolls are now DeWalt.

btw, I found this on SK's web site:

SK Hand Tool LLC products, except as otherwise specified, are warranted under normal use and service against defects in materials and workmanship for the expected life of the tool. This warranty does not cover wear from normal use, or any problems caused by misuse, abuse, modification or improper maintenance of the tool.

EXCEPTION.
For only a period of one year after the date of purchase, storage products, micrometer torque wrenches, dial torque wrenches, torque screw drivers and consumable products that are reasonably expected to be used up or damaged during use are warranted under normal use and service against defects in materials and workmanship. This warranty does not cover wear from normal use, or any problems caused by misuse, abuse, modification or improper maintenance of the tool.

EXCLUSIVE REMEDY.
Your sole and exclusive remedy for any breach of this warranty is that SK will, at its sole option, either repair or replace the defective tool, or refund your purchase price, if you return the tool to an authorized SK warranty station. Contact SK Hand Tool LLC Customer Service at 800-822-5575 to obtain information regarding authorized warranty stations. No consequential, incidental, special, or punitive damages, or damages for property loss or personal injury, can be recovered under this warranty.

Agents and distributors of SK tools have no authority to make representations or warranties other than those contained in this warranty.

THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS MADE IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER ORAL, WRITTEN, EXPRESSED, OR IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMTIED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR MERCHANTABILITY. If you are a consumer this warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.

here's their web address:
http://www.skhandtool.com/

-
Back