Skinny Steelies

-

limegreen70

Pokorny Enterprise's
Reaction score
Maybe I'm nuts, but I seem to recall years ago, they made a large bolt pattern. 15 x 4.5 width steel rim. One that took 9 inch mopar dog dish. Is this correct?

I can't say I've ever seen one that narrow. A Sweptline could have a 15x5 LBP but, I believe that they were all 10 inch. 3/4 ton 8 lug 11".

Heard they have to be custom made now.

There was a guy called. The mopar dude? Or wheel dude. He made them too? He would also make a 15" steelie to fit a 14 inch cap.

Yes….I remember a few years back at Carlisle Some one was set up selling a number of wheels. Most were all red oxide primer and he had small and 4.5 bolt pattern narrow 15” wheels. Also he had some 8” and 10” deep rears. Honestly I can not come up with a name he was and older guy though.Haven’t seen him the last couple of years though. Swingn’

Maybe I'm nuts, but I seem to recall years ago, they made a large bolt pattern. 15 x 4.5 width steel rim. One that took 9 inch mopar dog dish. Is this correct?
You talking about this style ?
15x4 with BBP
I think I can dig up source if needed / I also ordered 15x7 ones from Coker Tire

IMG_20230918_225829_MP.jpg

Seems like Coker also had 15 x 5 steel wheels in at least one style , I have 15 x 5 cop wheels on the front of my 73 Duster , with 15 x 8 on the rear. Nice combo , I think the 15 x 4 is just too narrow for me.

Frank Long
The Wheel Guy

Yes….I remember a few years back at Carlisle Some one was set up selling a number of wheels. Most were all red oxide primer and he had small and 4.5 bolt pattern narrow 15” wheels. Also he had some 8” and 10” deep rears. Honestly I can not come up with a name he was and older guy though.Haven’t seen him the last couple of years though. Swingn’
If you're talking about the older guy that had a white trailer and tons of steelie and rallies, I havent seen him in years. IIRC he was out of Pennsylvania

He retired , to the best of my knowledge. He was getting ready to retire back in 2019 , the last time I went to Carlisle.

Frank Long
The Wheel Guy ( also retired )

-
Back