Skunks

-

dodge freak

Reaction score
Was taking a shower last night, had bathroom door close even thou nobody else home. Freaken skunk let off a nasty one in the backyard, whole house stunk by the time I got the back windows closed. 30 mins later the odor was gone outside but not in my house. Had a fan in the window going to air the place out. Got most the smell out after a few hours, still can smell it a little like a closet.

Today my head has been hurting on the right side all day long. I don't feel ill expect for the headache but its really not a headache..well can you have a half of headache....better not be that West Nile Virus, lol

i try to blame the aroma in the house on the dogs but the wife never buys it....

No it was a skunk alright, there is a swap like in back of the house. Most times I can catch it fast and limit the smell but it got me this time. I thought I was going to puke while trying to air the place out.

I haven't even been home all day, thought the fresh air would clear my head out but no. Am feeling a little better, my doctor fee is $90 just to say, then any tests he does is more $ so I don't go to him unless I feel I'm going to die, ha ha

It must have been the skunk cause i was feeling ok till then. I shouldn't had slept in the house last night but I have only one home, lol

I feel Your pain.I had one I swear would aim it's tail in My bedroom window and piss at Me.woke Me up out of a dead sleep.And this went on almost every night. Got fed up with it and decided I'm gonna shoot it.So My son set up a havaheart trap in the mourning when We got home from work that night bam there it was in the trap.this thing was so big I don't know how it fit.I grabbed the Remington 541T (tack driver) slid in a eley scorpion i figured if I shoot it in the head it would die instantly and not piss. So I shoot him in the head and killed it like planned.Guess what it pissed. Now to get rid of this thing Me and Junior decide to wrap the whole trap in a tarp well let Me tell ya,You think skanks smell at a distance well get within a foot of one and I guarantee You'll puke Your brains out.It was so bad We had to throw our clothes out.the smell stayed in My nostrils for 3 friggin days. and the smell will give You a headache.So anyway I've got It's brother or sister doing the same damn thing now.I hesitate to shoot it after the first one.What to do.

yep, they're nasty buggers. never shot them to kill, wing in the back side. they'll go off somewhere on their own power and die. If they cant get their haunch's up, then they can't spray. A bullet in the back does wonders.

I got off lightly, lol

Headache is almost gone Its 25 hours later and the smell is gone. Raining and mid 60's so most windows are shut now.

Now we know how and how not to shoot skunks, ha ha. Makes alot of sense, thing would die in the winter anyways - right, least I never smelled them in January

Yeah,It would be My luck it would die under the shed.Here it is 2:30 in the mourning Skunk sprayed and woke Me up.Why the hell do they spray anyways ain't no dogs roaming around to mess with them?I'd try the back shot, problem is it comes in the middle of the night.might be time to buy a night scope.ha.ha.

-
Back