Slack in new timing chain

-
............I have built many sb mopars and have never had a slack *** chain,no matter what brand name is on them, even with the mains line honed or bored.....ur in it 4 6k now, get another ...kim.......

Yea I'm going to get a new one, Ill measure for the size I need first though, I may be able to just use a standard length one, the one I have may just be messed or something.

And thanks for the link, one if those is probably what I need.

FWIW-
I have a particular brand of TC that I use on a regular basis. Last time I ordered one for SBM it had too much slack in it. Problem was the root diameter of the teeth was cut .012" smaller than it should have been, causing the slack. Ended up using a Cloyes.
Like stated before, use the tensioner. The great thing about SBM's is the crank/cam CL, the downside is the longer chain builds slack quickly with use.

FWIW-
I have a particular brand of TC that I use on a regular basis. Last time I ordered one for SBM it had too much slack in it. Problem was the root diameter of the teeth was cut .012" smaller than it should have been, causing the slack. Ended up using a Cloyes.
Like stated before, use the tensioner. The great thing about SBM's is the crank/cam CL, the downside is the longer chain builds slack quickly with use.

Weird, you would come to expect something like that to be pretty exact and the size it should be. I should have gone with a cloyes chain initially, only hear good things.
I'll order a tensioner as well when I order the chain, then I can finally get this damn engine finished and put it in my dart.

-
Back