slannt six 4 barrell intake carb linkage

-

ecoronado3

Reaction score
I have a clifford 4 barrel intake on my dart with two part clifford headers, and a carter two barrel carb. Does any one know where to find the proper linkage I need to hook up throttle cable and kick down? oh yeah it is a slant six.

I was able to use the stock throttle cable and I used a Lokar kick down linkage. What year is your car? is your stock throttle cable too short?

The car is a 73 dart, The cable is actually a little to long but I jimmy rigged it and it works rather well. The real prob is the kick down the bracket I made does not allow room for the kick down bar to function. So I need after market stuff i think. I really dont even know how it works mechanically or I would fabricate something my self. I know it is for kicking down when you give it all the gas but when it is hooked up properly is the linkage supposed to be holding it all the way back towards the rear of the car and it comes forward as you give it gas or is that reverse thinking?

when you press on the gas, the rod goes towadrs the trunk pushin it backward. So when you get "on it" it can kick the trans down 1 gear. People adapt the old linkage by bending it straighter, making it longer. Fab a long rod going from throttle bracket down to trans kickdown lever. adjusting its lengh will allow you to tune how soon it upshifts.

twobarrel-linkage.jpg

-
Back