Slant 6 225 1-barrel throttle and kickdown springs

-

ConfusedMuchOfTheTime

Reaction score
Hi everyone

225 Holley 1920 1-barrel carb.

What's the deal with these springs ? I need both circled in blue below (both are missing) but I can't find any info on specs or actually anyone selling them (Mancini/ebay etc) - no-one seems to care about the /6 when it comes to return springs.

So, some peeps have simply applied whatever springs are lying around or what they can find in Home Depot so I'm wondering if this is the go here or if I need to be a little more scientific in my approach here.

I can go and check out my Home Depot equivalent plus other auto part retailers down here in Aussie of course and/or I can get the springs made but for this I need the build specs.

Does anyone know where I can find these springs for sale or can gather some measurements/photos of their OE springs for me on oem springs from your springs ?

Thanks in advance everyone.

throttle-linkage-png.png

No one cares about the slant 6. You couldda stopped right there. ......and it's pretty true as for parts and such.

The top spring is the throttle return spring and the bottom it the return spring for the kickdown. Neither I'm sure is very strong, as they would tend to prematurely wear the linkages, so you don't want something really heavy in either position. Any of the big box stores have return spring assortments. Check out something like Dorman 59002. Part of owning something no one cares about is learning how to make things work.

Yes, it's really strange that I (and others) have not been able to successfully find this information about the springs or OE repops for the /6, but there are plenty of sources for any V8 block. Anyway, I'm happy to go off and source my own make do springs as this method seems to be my only choice here. Dorman seem to have a good mix so will chase them. Agree on the spring tension wearing the linkage pivots so will look for springs which return 'enough' but not too much. Thanks for the tips @RustyRatRod.

-
Back