[WANTED] Slant 6 motor

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Need a slant 6 for my 75 valiant
How soon? I'm taking one out of my 66 cuda and installing a 383. Just have not got started yet, still trying to find V8 center link, 10.5" bell housing for 4 speed.

if its a true 66 you will need the trans to go with it , the cranks on a 66 have the small hole in the crank for the 66 converter, so the newer than 66 wont work without modification to the crankshaft ,been there . just to let you know whats ahead . i have a early 70s slant that is coming out of a 66 barracuda as well , but im outside of detroit . the 66 is kind of a bastard year when it came to transmissions . ed

What are you looking for? A running engine? A good core to build? A slant 6 is still a slant 6 sittin out in the yard for 50 years with a rod slung the block. Help us out here. I'm in Georgia and have a few good cores.

if its a true 66 you will need the trans to go with it , the cranks on a 66 have the small hole in the crank for the 66 converter, so the newer than 66 wont work without modification to the crankshaft ,been there . just to let you know whats ahead . i have a early 70s slant that is coming out of a 66 barracuda as well , but im outside of detroit . the 66 is kind of a bastard year when it came to transmissions . ed
I have the original 3 speed tranny to go with it if you need it. Motor has 85k on it and runs fine - the car is a daily driver as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back