Slant 6 Parts Source

-

plefe

OldSchool
Reaction score
For all you slant 6 experts. Is there a reliable slant 6 parts sources(s) out there that consistantly have parts and are reliable? I need to replace my 225 intake. Is there a consistantly reliable intake carb combo? And, should I move to improve my stock combo with a little more hi performance? No racing or anything like that, but the car is a stock 48,000 mile grandma one-owner air conditioned slant 6 1970 Dart Swinger that's just cherry.

Really need to get into a new intake, exhaust, and carb. I am worried that I will break the rest of the old sitting bolts off the intake into the head.

this site & slantsix.org-- are the 2 best resources.
what is wrong with your 1 bbl 48,000 mile car?
A well tuned 1 bbl should fit that daily driver bill nicely.

I drove a 1962 1 bbl valiant for years-- good acceleration-- great for a daily driver--- took my son to many a ball game.
I put on a great condition carb-- tuned up a transplant 225, petronix ignition, larger exhaust & drove it, it is still driving today on this same combo.
Lawrence

Attachments

• buc 012 (Large).jpg
    97 KB · Views: 296
There's no exclussive Mopar 170-225 site that I've found.... yet. Maybe I'll create one some day. Meanwhile, you can consistantly find parts from Ebay, Jegs, JCWhitney (very little), here and slantsix.org (like VDART mentioned). There are some aftermarket parts that will give you some power from Aussiespeed, but it that goes against what you said you want.
That's not ALL I know about, but most of it.

If you were closer in location, I'd sell you my cherry intake manifold and exhaust manifold that still has the stock single barrel sitting on top of it. It's just sittin in my garage taking up space.

this site & slantsix.org-- are the 2 best resources.
what is wrong with your 1 bbl 48,000 mile car?
A well tuned 1 bbl should fit that daily driver bill nicely.

I drove a 1962 1 bbl valiant for years-- good acceleration-- great for a daily driver--- took my son to many a ball game.
I put on a great condition carb-- tuned up a transplant 225, petronix ignition, larger exhaust & drove it, it is still driving today on this same combo.
Lawrence

Don't seem to be getting enough fuel. Tuned and tuned. Takes awhile to get things just right for the day and runs out fine. Busted an intake bolt or two
off in the head. Don't think they'll easy out. Developed an exhaust leak from the intake and maybe donut gasket. Don't want to change the 1BBL, but would consider opening up the head, intake, and exhaust to breath a little better.

If you were closer in location, I'd sell you my cherry intake manifold and exhaust manifold that still has the stock single barrel sitting on top of it. It's just sittin in my garage taking up space.

I have everything shipped, and quite a bit from CA. Would you consider shipping to 87301? What would you need to have for the whole thing?

-
Back