Slant 6 progress

-

MidnightSwinger

Reaction score
I don’t have time for a build thread but I thought some of you weirdos might like to see the motor for the 65.

Shout out to @Docmcg for the 2x2 Offy setup, he drove 2 hours to meet me halfway and make the deal happen.

IMG_6139.jpeg

IMG_6140.jpeg

IMG_6141.jpeg

nice....what are the deets on the engine? what cam? what kind of compression? any head work done?
Doug Dutra built this motor, 9:1, RV cam, bigger valves. I bought it from another FABO member.

Plans are to get it running, then build a head for it and do a cam swap in the future. It’s a 4 speed car with 3.91’s so I can get away with a lot more cam. Just trying to decide on what grind I want.

Are those Webers? Which ones? That looks REAL nice!

Doug Dutra built this motor, 9:1, RV cam, bigger valves. I bought it from another FABO member.

Plans are to get it running, then build a head for it and do a cam swap in the future. It’s a 4 speed car with 3.91’s so I can get away with a lot more cam. Just trying to decide on what grind I want.
what are the specs of the "RV cam"? I've thought about when I start playing with mine getting Bullit cams to regrind mine...looking for good street power, idle-5000 RPM, they have some interesting lobe specs in both .875" and .904" lifter diameter profiles Bullet Cams Master List

what are the specs of the "RV cam"? I've thought about when I start playing with mine getting Bullit cams to regrind mine...looking for good street power, idle-5000 RPM, they have some interesting lobe specs in both .875" and .904" lifter diameter profiles Bullet Cams Master List
Who knows, I couldn’t get the actual cam specs from the previous owner and I only went for 1 ride in it as a passenger. I’m assuming it has the RV10 since Dutra built it.

Thanks for that list, I’ll have to look through it before I make my decision. I’m getting my core reground at Oregon Cam Grinders. They will grind you pretty much anything you can come up with. I’m thinking about having them remake the Mopar .528 for me.

I am unfamiliar with those. Are they staged or do they open both barrels at once?
It’s a 32/32, joint venture carb between Carter and Weber, used on small ford 4cyls in the US and Euro markets.

I’m pretty sure it has a Motorcraft part #, I just don’t know it off the top of my head. Should be good for what I am doing …before more can and head porting anyway.

It’s a 32/32, joint venture carb between Carter and Weber, used on small ford 4cyls in the US and Euro markets.

I’m pretty sure it has a Motorcraft part #, I just don’t know it off the top of my head. Should be good for what I am doing …before more can and head porting anyway.
Two of them will probably be fine. I've kinda wanted to do a dual 32/36 setup, but of course, that'll likely never happen. lol

Two of them will probably be fine. I've kinda wanted to do a dual 32/36 setup, but of course, that'll likely never happen.

With some time, between @MidnightSwinger and myself there should be some info for these dual setups. I have the same Offy 2x1 that was modified for a 2x2. I'll be trying a pair of 32/36 Webers first, if that's not enough pizazz I have a set of 38/38's to try. Those should be enough carb for a moderate slant.

A funny aside, this photo is not my car, but it's from the member where I got the carbs and intake. It turns out the rest of this is now the engine going in MS's Dart. It's a small world sometimes!

brian dual webers 2.jpg

brian dual webers 3.jpg

With some time, between @MidnightSwinger and myself there should be some info for these dual setups. I have the same Offy 2x1 that was modified for a 2x2. I'll be trying a pair of 32/36 Webers first, if that's not enough pizazz I have a set of 38/38's to try. Those should be enough carb for a moderate slant.

A funny aside, this photo is not my car, but it's from the member where I got the carbs and intake. It turns out the rest of this is now the engine going in MS's Dart. It's a small world sometimes!

View attachment 1716210548

View attachment 1716210549
That will be very cool. I can tell you that one 32/36 is enough for a stock 170, so I would imagine two would be enough for a warm 225.

Thank you Scott! I’m always inspired by your build, definitely helped me get over a hump recently.

A quick color change and then the motor will be ready to go back in.

From ford red to Chrysler industrial red.

View attachment 1716210866
Glad I can help Brother. I know it was tough selling off your other build, but this one is going to be Great :thumbsup:

And people complain about 318s....
I ain't because I have (and have had) several /6s and 318s..... And currently have a /6 in a pickup that I plan on leaving a /6... If they want an abomination to ***** about they can ***** about 2.7, 3.7 ( not the /6 but the newer v6) and the 4.7... I'm tired of all the /6 and 318 bashing that has become so common around here lately. .
Alot of idiots that need to find something better to do

Added the drivers side alternator. I got a great deal on the powermaster alt from a Mopar buddy. I didn’t think about the dual pulley being an issue.

Time to do a pulley swap, sucks because I don’t have a chrome single pulley, but, live and learn.

IMG_6250.jpeg

IMG_6251.jpeg

Personally, I would notch the fan blades for clearance. It would be fairly easy and have a negligible effect on the air flow.

-
Back