Slant 6 rebuild getting there

-

Vali68

Reaction score
Ahh yes. The re-do on the slant 6 is coming right along. Cleaning up and sanding the block and head to ready it for paint. Before i do that, I will pull the oil pan and check the crankshaft and bearings to see if there are any worn parts that need to be replaced. The top end seems to be fine. A few of the rocker arms seems loose. But I'm not sure if they just need adjustment or have worn parts. i need to remount the motor so it has a lower center of gravity and is not so top heavy. The way I mounted it on the stand is centered from the stand hub to the crankshaft. So from what I hear, I need to lower it before something gives way!!!! Don't need any mishaps.

Attachments

• 20130707_202442.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 224
i haven't repositioned the motor yet because my weekend and last week was spent showing family around town and stuff. But I do plan on getting the motor on the stand at a lower center of gravity. Since I dont want to pop off the head and see no need to right now, all I want to do is get it balanced so i can turn it over and remove the oil pan and check out the crankshaft and bearings as well as the oil pickup.

Attachments

• 20130721_143824.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 166
-
Back