Slant 6 to 383

-

mstrueby

Reaction score
i just bought a 1974 plymouth scamp recently and im wanting to remove the stock slant six and replace it with a 383. this is my first mopar experience and i dont no where to begen any advice would be helpful thank you

383 stroker to 438(431?) seen it both ways. Anyways if you do a stroker go through 440 source. You can put 2500 in a 383 and keep it a 383 or put the same amount into it as a stroker and get more out of it. its up to you.

Hello and welcome to the site. You will love Mopar!

First you will need a slant 6 to big block engine mount kit, which can be found at Schumacher Creative Services: http://www.engine-swaps.com/

You will also need a big block transmission. You should upgrade your suspension, add HD torsion bars, a sway bar, and disc brakes if your car has drum brakes. You will also have to upgrade your rear axle, (if you have a 7 1/4.) The fuel system will also need to be upgraded, more than likely, you have tiny 5/16" fuel lines. You should upgrade to 3/8" fuel lines, and a 3/8" sending unit. (if you don't already have them) These items I've mentioned are just a few things you will have to do...

i just bought a 1974 plymouth scamp recently and im wanting to remove the stock slant six and replace it with a 383. this is my first mopar experience and i dont no where to begen any advice would be helpful thank you

I have a completely rebuilt 413 with all NEW Internals that is realy to go and would be look great in your Mopar. I am located just south of York, Pa.

Check the Members Restoration forums and do a search for Mike's Dart. I just did the same swap you're talking about and there should be some helpful info for you in my thread.

-
Back