slant 6 to V-8 trans/bell housing adapter interest

-

vitamindart

Reaction score
ok, I am trying to see if I can help get a ball rolling on a group buy of slant to V8 trans/bell housing. THIS IS NOT A SALE POST. just trying to see what interest there is for one.
IF there is enough, Then I can post a for sale post. ( cant start a sale post without pictures or a price - or I would have ). this would be machined out, with lightening holes.

they cant give me a price until we know how many. more buyers, better price.
I'm sure they will have a minimum to make this worth pursuing.
I know I would really like to put an a500-a518 behind my slant.

if this isnt allowed, please delete ( and if possible give me direction on how I could do this )

ok, I am trying to see if I can help get a ball rolling on a group buy of slant to V8 trans/bell housing. THIS IS NOT A SALE POST. just trying to see what interest there is for one.
IF there is enough, Then I can post a for sale post. ( cant start a sale post without pictures or a price - or I would have ). this would be machined out, with lightening holes.

they cant give me a price until we know how many. more buyers, better price.
I'm sure they will have a minimum to make this worth pursuing.
I know I would really like to put an a500-a518 behind my slant.

if this isnt allowed, please delete ( and if possible give me direction on how I could do this )
Would that adapter be based on a small block transmission or a big block transmission? Although I am guessing the big blocks were no longer in production by the time the a500 and a518’s came around.
Asking as I have seen other posts where it is stated it is easier to adapt a BB blow proof bell housing to a slant than a SB blow proof bell housing to a slant because the way the mounting bolt holes align.
If the adapter you are planning also fits a QuickTime blow proof bell to a slant that may increase the number of folks interested.

I have the Wilcap one on my car ,and they use 700r4. they might have a bolt pattern for that transmission
I bought it from eBay the guy went with gear vendors instead. all I know is that the Wilcap needs tuning and had to make some adjustments and I made new adapter and still well it is what it is
and looking for a vibration , not saying its that but , it is what it is

Would that adapter be based on a small block transmission or a big block transmission? Although I am guessing the big blocks were no longer in production by the time the a500 and a518’s came around.
Asking as I have seen other posts where it is stated it is easier to adapt a BB blow proof bell housing to a slant than a SB blow proof bell housing to a slant because the way the mounting bolt holes align.
If the adapter you are planning also fits a QuickTime blow proof bell to a slant that may increase the number of folks interested.

I believe it will work with blow proof bells as they suggested that as another use.
small block pattern opens up more options a500 & a518's were never made for the big block.

Gill Welding is already working on one.

RRR they are considering, unless they get enough people, it will fizzle out. I'm just trying to help get it rolling.

RRR they are considering, unless they get enough people, it will fizzle out. I'm just trying to help get it rolling.
I talked to David today. They have an original set. They want to do one from 7075 aluminum.

I have an original from a '76 4x4 short-box stepside, still sandwiched between the Slanty & 4spd bell.....$$$ & #'s for the new-lighter unit would get accurate feedback for them....

I have an original from a '76 4x4 short-box stepside, still sandwiched between the Slanty & 4spd bell.....$$$ & #'s for the new-lighter unit would get accurate feedback for them....

it sounds like it could be anywhere from 350-600 really all depends on how many people are willing to commit.
with the crazy prices on the factory adapters and the weight of them vs an aluminum version I personally would love to see this happen.

it sounds like it could be anywhere from 350-600 really all depends on how many people are willing to commit.
with the crazy prices on the factory adapters and the weight of them vs an aluminum version I personally would love to see this happen.
I’d be in if we can get em for the lower end of that price range!

Dis this ever go anywhere? I just came across an a500 I wasn't expecting to fall into my lap

-
Back