-
Status
Not open for further replies.

vitamindart

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Contact seller
looking for a slant 6 to V-8 trans adapter ( from the A100-A108's ).
would really like to find one of the few AR Engineering did a while ago, but cant get picky.
want to run the A500 behind my slant

Thanks!

looking for a slant 6 to V-8 trans adapter ( from the A100-A108's ).
would really like to find one of the few AR Engineering did a while ago, but cant get picky.
want to run the A500 behind my slant

Thanks!
Cal Gill welding and talk with them. They are Mopar guys and really good fabricators. I just got my T5 to Mopar bellhousing adapter. It bolts to the slant 6 overdrive bellhousing. I'm sure they'd be willing to do one. I would imagine a group buy would help bring the price down.

Cal Gill welding and talk with them. They are Mopar guys and really good fabricators. I just got my T5 to Mopar bellhousing adapter. It bolts to the slant 6 overdrive bellhousing. I'm sure they'd be willing to do one. I would imagine a group buy would help bring the price down.

I might just do that, figure I will need a pattern for them to cut it from. I have one of those T5 adapters as well.

You know Rusty, I'm trying to find in the archives a post i just seen and closed before i got a title but someone in the past was looking for the same adapter combo. You commented in the thread.
They were looking for the old adapter for the 60's slant to a v8 bellhousing. I believe i have the old adapter, bellhousing combo on a 65 D 100 /6 manual transmission combo I'm putting in a 64.
Do you remember any of that?

Found it
FABO Sept. 18 2013
It looks like
adapter 012.jpg
this

I just talked to Bryce Gill. He said they HAVE an old original adapter and spacer on the floor there and would be interested in doing a run for a group buy. He actually said they WERE going to do it before they were contacted by the group that wanted the slant 6 to T5 adapters, so the interest is there.

Question1) , would that slant to 727 adapter also allow one to bolt a slant to a Mopar small block blow proof bell housing?
That would allow one to use a 130 tooth flywheel behind the slant and that would allow the use of a bunch of durable clutches and pressure plates.

Quick Time RM-6072 Quick Time Bellhousing - Small Block Mopar

Question 2) does the adapter have the low mount starter position like a v8 or is it a high mount like a normal slant. The Quick Time bell is obviously a low mount.

Last edited:
not sure how the adapter would effect the SFI rating of the blow proof bell housing, but cant think of a reason it wouldnt bolt up.

the starter looks to be a lower position on the A-100 style adapter? ( darn good question and something I had not considered before )

You are correct in that the starter is a low mount as it will be bolted to a LA V8 transmission

The one I pictured was a Trans-Adapt unit I found the image for.
On the SFI issue, if you are running Top Fuel, it's an issue.
If it's an occasional bracket car, it's not an issue.
You can bolt the block saver plate to the adapter and your containment is as designed.
I run the lower starter mount on my Colt and have no problems.
130 tooth McLeod flywheel.

@Hyper_pak I didnt even know Trans-Adapt made or offered one. Hopefully Brice@Gill Welding will be able to help people out.
an overdrive option for my build would be great.

The one I pictured was a Trans-Adapt unit I found the image for.
On the SFI issue, if you are running Top Fuel, it's an issue.
If it's an occasional bracket car, it's not an issue.
You can bolt the block saver plate to the adapter and your containment is as designed.
I run the lower starter mount on my Colt and have no problems.
130 tooth McLeod flywheel.

thanks, yes this will be an occasional bracket car.
are you running an a833 or a 727?

the one 'got-ya' that I can think of with an a833 is, the adapter will push the flywheel and the bell housing-transmission back some distance, the thickness of the crank spacer I guess. That could put the end of the a833 pilot shaft beyond the reach of a crank mounted pilot bearing. If so perhaps the Dakota pilot bearing that mounts on the crank hub could be used.

Pretty good engagement in the pilot, but good point.
I am running the older crank so I don't think the Dakota bearing would work without mods.
Here is my setup.
It's an older 2 piece Lakewood 440 bell.
Trans Install (3).JPG
Starter (5).JPG

Pretty good engagement in the pilot, but good point.
I am running the older crank so I don't think the Dakota bearing would work without mods.
Here is my setup.
It's an older 2 piece Lakewood 440 bell.
View attachment 1715866774View attachment 1715866775
I found the link to your Colt build and am up to page #9, pretty amazing stuff!

I saw your comment that a mopar BB 130 tooth bell makes for an easier adapter fit than a 130 tooth SB bell.

Yes, my first bellhousing was the 340 bell.
The slant pattern runs right on the 340 arc.
I had to use a bunch of countersunk allen head screws and sandwich them on the block plate.
This 440 split bell is larger and the patterns are spaced apart.
The flywheel is a one off by McLeod, 340 clutch, slant flange.
SCN_0003.jpg

Im also hoping to get one of these adapters sometime, as I had a brain fart a few weeks ago and wondered about what could be done with a turbo, efi slant backed by a new 8hp70 8 speed transmission. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back