Slant 6 tranny needed for 65 Dart

-

Vali68

Reaction score
Are there any folks out in the LA area that has an auto tranny for a slant 6 they aren't using? I know a person who needs one for their dad's 65 Dart.

I have one, cable shift, 65 was last year,Worked well when pulled with converter."FREE" If you don't find any near you. Las Vegas Area. I installed a later model engine/trans combo and won't be going back to cable shift.

I have a cable shift one from a 70 Dart. Will that work for 65? I thought the bell housing was different.

I have one from a 67 Valiant. Same smaller crankshaft flange as the 65. I just pulled it out yesterday, still attached to the engine, which is in need of a rebuild. It hasn't been run in 5 years, but was kept in the garage all that time. I also have the converter, still attached. You can have it if you're interested. L.A. area, Santa Clarita. Let me know soon, as I was planning to "recycle" it.

If the 65 Dart is all original, then you will need a 64-65 cable shift transmission only, unless you buy the conversion kit to convert the body to a rod shift 66 and up transmission. Plus the output shaft/front ujoint will also be different and require a 66 and up driveshaft to use with a 66 and up transmission.

-
Back