slant 6 valve cover

-

dvboth

Reaction score
anyone have a finned aluminum slant 6 valve cover they want to part with?

nope

but I got a stamped metal one your more then welcome to

I made my own fins, so to speak.

SixTop-web_zpsinkeshm6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Summit has a pile of um.

Hey Badvert65 how did you make them?

It's just a cheap chrome valve cover with 1/8 inch chrome trim molding. I spaced the trim using another piece of the trim. I could have gone from lip to lip but I just did the top. After I put on the trim, I painted over it with satin black and then used a paper towel to wipe paint from the top of the trim. It actually looks pretty good, nicer than that photo. It is a very inexpensive way to dress up an otherwise boring chrome valve cover. Heat hasn't affected it any but best to keep solvents (carb cleaner) away from it. However, if you mess it up, it is easy to redo.

I just ordered one from Summit. For weeks I saw the "in stock shipment" date was 05/29/2015 so I waited till 05/28/2015 and ordered a Offenhauser one to match my Offenhauser 2x 1bbl intake. After 3 emails telling me it was coming, I got one telling me it was back ordered till 06/16/2015. Pretty unhappy as I've waited over 4 months to order. Jeg's does not carry them and I am not sure where else to go as speed shops are just not available anymore. UGH!

I just ordered one from Summit. For weeks I saw the "in stock shipment" date was 05/29/2015 so I waited till 05/28/2015 and ordered a Offenhauser one to match my Offenhauser 2x 1bbl intake. After 3 emails telling me it was coming, I got one telling me it was back ordered till 06/16/2015. Pretty unhappy as I've waited over 4 months to order. Jeg's does not carry them and I am not sure where else to go as speed shops are just not available anymore. UGH!

As I understand it, Offy doesn't keep any in stock. They will do a run of them when they have enough orders from Summit/Jegs, or other sources such as a group buy over at .org awhile back

-
Back