slant 6 with special intake and exhaust...rare?

-

eviper21

Reaction score
i dont know much about /6 motors...but im picking up a 73 dart with a /6 and it has and Offenhauser 4bbl Intake and Hooker Super Competition headers.

just wondering if these parts are worth anything?

thought they were pretty cool

Attachments

• WP_000433.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 113
  • WP_000434.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 121
Yes they are a little hard to find these days for a good price. The offenhauser is like 300 range and the header should be in the 200 to 300 range too from what I've seen. Price will vary by your area of search and website you get it from. Say eBay vs Craigslist for example. The hardest Part is getting the carb linkage setup and kick down linkage. Look at my 75 blue Duster in my album I had to find the parts and make my own setup for the linkage. If your planning on keeping the /6 then keep the setup on there and your ahead of the game. Unless your going to do a V-8 swap then by all means part it out for what you can get. I believe summit sells a linkage adapter kit for the offenhauser setup. I would also go with a 500 cfm edelbrock carb or less. Around 400 cfm is better. I believe Holley has something in that range. Anything above that will be overkill for the little slant and waste gas.

Your choice, but if your running the /6 keep it in there!

If you have any questions about it as I've had a performance /6 before either pm me or look under the slant six section. A lot of info in there and knowledgable people in there.

-
Back