Slant/833od clutch options

-

bumpus

Reaction score
Hey guys, i recently put an a833od from an 85 d150 into my 73 swinger behind my 225. What performance cluch options are out there that will work? I believe its a 10 inch clutch, can i get a 10.5 or an 11 inch cluch in there? Ive been looking at the centerforce clutches because i intend to boost the old 225 in the near future. Any help would be appreciated!!:burnout:

good luck. there is no such thing as a performance slant clutch. over the counter all you can get is the three finger borg and beck style. they dont hold up to well. if you have a clutch shop near you you can take one to them and have them change the springs and add a few.

good luck. there is no such thing as a performance slant clutch. over the counter all you can get is the three finger borg and beck style. they dont hold up to well. if you have a clutch shop near you you can take one to them and have them change the springs and add a few.

Agree with Rusty, I used to have a local clutch shop rebuild my clutches for my small block. They tweaked it to what I needed, also built me a metallic disc.

Hipo65 and I have other options we are working on. Hipo65 is working with McLeod on a 280 HP option but requires flywheel modification. I'm looking at a 365 HP solution from Australia, but also requires flywheel modification and I believe a throw out bearing spacer. If you talk real nice, and have the cash, McLeod will make a custom double disc setup. I have one but have not tried it yet. More to come.

I don't think you can convert to a 10.5 or 10.95 scalloped clutch on a slant six.

-
Back