Slant doesnt want to start.

-

bigall

bigall
Reaction score
Have just put the 2 barrel holley back on the motor after a rebuild,and the engine isnt even trying to fire up.Its getting plenty of fuel,have checked the coil(thats good)done the spark plug earthed to the block test and its got a real weak spark.The coil ohm test is at 1.8 ohms which is in the range i think.I am running a mopar electronic ignition with a chrome colour box with ZFR5N plugs at 40 thou and still using a dual ballast resistor as i cant seem to find a 3 ohm coil here in oz to delete the ballast.Any help you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated.Was starting real easy as usual before this.

Turned out it was the second hand holley overfuelling the motor,put the single barrel(second hand too)back on and away she goes.Sofrom now on i'm not playing around with second hand rubbish and buying new for the VAL.

Second hand isn't so bad. You may be able to fix the needle/seat/float in that carb.

remember, with your right hand on the key, your left hand on the dash just above the speedometer, stroking gently like it was a beautiful woman, chant, " Come on baby, you can do it!" in a soft yet persuasive voice as you turn the key. Works every time for me!

Boy, 40K seems pretty wide a gap. Check the specs. I think it's suppose to be about 25K.

remember, with your right hand on the key, your left hand on the dash just above the speedometer, stroking gently like it was a beautiful woman, chant, " Come on baby, you can do it!" in a soft yet persuasive voice as you turn the key. Works every time for me!

:grin::toothy10::-D I done that a couple of times "just start for me, enough to get back home" It does work! :notworth:

Boy, 40K seems pretty wide a gap. Check the specs. I think it's suppose to be about 25K.
Have had the plug gap at 45 thou before and it ran just as well as it does now on 40.elect ignition must put out enough spark for it.some slants over here are running good at 45 thou.

Ahhhh.....I didn't know you were running electronic.

-
Back