slant hemi

-
i thought the hemi 6's were straight up and down. not on a slant? either way i dont know how much work it would be.

The australian hemi 6 is not slanted it is also 6 inchs longer than a slant. It would take a bit of fabrication to get one in an amarican car.

And where would you get one? I gather they are rare in Oz, and they must be nearly impossible to find in NA.

Didn't you just ask this question on slantsix.org?

The "Slant Hemi" is neither a Slant nor a Hemi. It is a wedge head motor. Hemi is just a marketing ploy to make you believe it is actually something other than an old truck motor.

The 304 horse ones are very rare.

Slantzilla wrote:
"The 304 horse ones are very rare."
in the US,probably. but in this country not so rare as you might think.there are thousands of hemi sixes and a good percentage of 'em have been worked on to produce 300 plus HP.

me? I will stick to my smooth and trusty 'ole slant. those rattly hemis are not my bag.

regards,Rod:-D

These motors are available in the US. If you go to www.slantsix.org and look for a guy who goes by OZHEMI, I am pretty sure he lives in San Francisco. He has them imported from Austrailia. He quoted me $1000.00 - $1500.00 for one. He would be the guy to get a hold of!

Good Luck

-
Back