Slant Six 225 Exhaust manifold question - need help

-

fiberguy

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if there would any problems or adjustments that would be needed to put a exhaust manifold from a '68 Dart - 225 onto a '64 Dart 225?
Should I replace both intake and exhaust manifolds at the same time?
Will the original '64 intake manifold work with the '68 exhaust manifold? Both engines are the 225 - just one from '64 and the other from '68. I wasn't sure if engine modifications were made when they changed the body style. Thanks in advance for your help

All slant-6 exhaust manifolds fit all slant-6 engines. No adaptation or adjustment is required. You needn't replace intake and exhaust at the same time, and in fact since the intake-to-exhaust gasket is a common leak point and the underside of the intake "hot spot" (where it bolts to the exhaust) should be cleaned of carbon, you may as well take them apart. However, if you don't want to, there's no difficulty interchanging intake manifolds between the '64 and the '68, either. May as well make sure the exhaust manifold you intend to swap on is worth using -- has a working heat control valve, etc.; see here.

It is very much worth your while to get the good gaskets for the manifolds-to-head and intake-to-exhaust junctions.

Yes and Yes, :cheers:pick the one you want and add it to your two best manifolds.
Remove as one peace first and go back with your two pick's.8)
I am on a run at this time and need to leave, Search the slant six forum we have here 8)8)and you will get some good info until a tec jumps in and help's

There's dan :cheers: thank you sir that was fast:happy10:

Thanks for all of your advice, I'm really gonna need it since I plan on replacing nearly all of the gaskets on the engine. I always had GM V-8's, got this car for my son and it seems simple, but not everything is as it seems... just like the gaskets, I would have just got the Fel-Pro kit and went from there. I may have to ask you guys for more advice once I start tearing down this engine.

By the way, only 39,000 original miles on the '64 Dart... actually owned by a little old lady from Tennesee

-
Back