Slant six 4 speed?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I have a 4 speed bellhousing off a truck, not sure if its the same as for a car.

Is there any bellhousings/four speeds left for a 1968 dart slant six?
I looked and have the bellhousing with only one bolt pattern for the three speed.
Are you looking for a bellhousing? If so I have one for the 6 with a 4 spd-OD pilot and bolt pattern. In fact I have a OD-4 spd.

69 340 dart

Not a whole lot if you're running a slant six. You'll get slightly better mileage on the highway with the OD unit. You can go slightly faster with the non OD 4 speed but you probably wont be able to tell much of a difference with a slant. I say go for the OD if its a daily driver and you want mileage. If not, just go for whichever one you can get for cheaper.

Not a whole lot if you're running a slant six. You'll get slightly better mileage on the highway with the OD unit. You can go slightly faster with the non OD 4 speed but you probably wont be able to tell much of a difference with a slant. I say go for the OD if its a daily driver and you want mileage. If not, just go for whichever one you can get for cheaper.

Cool, thanks for the info. Sounds good i will buy whichever i can get my hands on.The tranny shop said the od units are not as good as the non od units. Well everyone has there opinion.

Are you looking for a bellhousing? If so I have one for the 6 with a 4 spd-OD pilot and bolt pattern. In fact I have a OD-4 spd.

69 340 dart
Sounds good. I may go that direction. might take both off your hands,the price for shipping would be the factor here. I live in california would like to find something here in cal that i could pick up.

Cool, thanks for the info. Sounds good i will buy whichever i can get my hands on.The tranny shop said the od units are not as good as the non od units. Well everyone has there opinion.

People say they are a weaker trans but there are a ton of guys that run small blocks with the OD trans and most of them haven't had a problem unless they're serious racers. With a slant you'll have no problems at all unless you're going to really be dumping the clutch and mashing gears.

I'm doing a 3 on the tree to a 4 speed OD swap as well on my 78 D100. It's my first swap so if you get good I might need some help lol

People say they are a weaker trans but there are a ton of guys that run small blocks with the OD trans and most of them haven't had a problem unless they're serious racers. With a slant you'll have no problems at all unless you're going to really be dumping the clutch and mashing gears.

I'm doing a 3 on the tree to a 4 speed OD swap as well on my 78 D100. It's my first swap so if you get good I might need some help lol

Well i am real good at taking out a three speed!

Patrick you would probably have more luck contactnig 69340dart with a Private Message. If he isn't subscribed to this thread he may never come back to it again.

Yes I'm here, I'm 69 340 dart. I still have the trans and bell housing. I can get it to S. Cal in a week or two via my son.
Call me
928 651 0264
Brent

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back