slant six carter bbd to holley 2300

-

travism

Reaction score
hello I have a slant six that's currently running a carter bbd 2 barrel and wanted to change it out for a holley 2300. I know I need to get a adapter plate but I was wondering if the throttle linkage is the same? or will I have to change it. Thanks!

You will have to customize throttle linkage, choke linkage, and (if the car's an automatic) trans kickdown linkage.

Motorcraft 2100: same adaptation, better results.

You can run a 2300 series holley with an electric choke....

Contact holley tech for the proper electric choke part number I think it's not the standard 4 bbl one...

DSC03931 B.JPG

DSC03933 B.JPG

DSC03935 B.JPG

DSC03939 B.JPG

You will have to customize throttle linkage, choke linkage, and (if the car's an automatic) trans kickdown linkage.

Motorcraft 2100: same adaptation, better results.
Is it just small modifications or will I have to redo everything?

It is not a bolt-on. It is not an almost-bolt-on. You will have to rig it up and make it work.

He's not gonna lose any sleep over it, either. Just because you cannot fab anything doesn't mean someone else can't. ;)

To change over to a Holley 2300 you need the following:

1) A Rochester 2GC to Holley 2300 adapter. Both Transdapt and Mr Gasket make one.
2) A Holley throttle adapter bracket for Mopars.
3) Cables from Lokar to hook everything up.
4) Optionally open the throttle bores in the manifold to match the carburetor gasket.

I don't think the Transdapt or Mr Gasket adapters are worth the money. Both have been reported to have vacuum leaks. It is not hard to fabricate your own adapter from 3/8" aluminum plate. And when done, you could actually do #4.

-
Back