Slant six exhaust

-

mopar13

Reaction score
I have a 74 duster with the slant six that will eventually get swapped for a small block but for the time being I want exhaust, but nothing that will sound tinny or weak with my current motor. Any suggestions?

if its a super six it will already have 2.25 all the way back so just pick a muffler you like...

if not go from the exhaust manifold all the way to the out let with 2.25 with fav muffler...

i have a super 44 on mine and it sounds like a beast lol... on the stock motor i think it had a series 50? flowmaster... sounds great....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ABKFcGty38"]YouTube - ‪Walk Around Day.MOV‬‏[/ame]

Not to hijack, but how about with a stock 1 7/8" exhaust?
Just got my 75 Dart and it needs a muffler but I am not financially able to spring for an upgraded exhaust just yet.

Not to hijack, but how about with a stock 1 7/8" exhaust?
Just got my 75 Dart and it needs a muffler but I am not financially able to spring for an upgraded exhaust just yet.

if you just have a muffler shop bend all the pipe and what not the cost between the systems is going to be hardly anything...

if you have a welder and tools you can make your own system for even cheaper

I have a 74 duster with the slant six that will eventually get swapped for a small block but for the time being I want exhaust, but nothing that will sound tinny or weak with my current motor. Any suggestions?

My suggestion..... Don't spend money on something you will be pulling out. If you feel that you NEED a more aggressive exhaust sound.........

Get a muffler that can be re-used after the V 8 swap. For example......... Buy one Dynomax Super turbo in a 2.5" or 2.25" inch inlet/outlet size.

Have your muffler guy make the needed adapters, then put it in your stock system.

+1 on 1968formulas340s idea . Should sound good with the six ,will sound good with a v-8

-
Back