Slant six in a Charger

-
my wife's 72 charger was a slanty. I have no idea if it was stock or not but it was in there! ran ok got decent mileage but was soon replaced with a 340 4 speed .. She LOVED that car after the 340 upgrade!

1st car: 2 door 68 Satellite with/6 and 3 on the tree. not a racer but it moved along just fine.

I, too had a 2 door Satellite, mine was a 69 with a slant and a 3 speed. The Only options on the car, were power steering and brakes, and an AM radio. lol
I converted it to a 3speed on the floor and kept the bench seat.

Only owned it for about 3 months, but anyone who thought they knew something about cars thought it was a Roadrunner. LMAO...

Sold it to a fellow MoPar gear head, who dropped a 383/833/8 3/4 arrangement in it, and at that point, for all intents and purposes, it WAS a RR, lol.

Great car with the slant, though.

Friend of mine is rocking a '68 A100 camper van, lift roof conversion, 225/ 3spd column manual. Has a refrigerator, stove, wood table and wood benches. I have no idea how much it weighs, but it's sporting a 1 bbl holley and has been since year zero.

I'm sure it would be better off with the a833 O/D with the 3.09 1st and at least a 2bbl.

He's working on ditching the interior and tig welding aluminum frame seats, foam core table and stripping all of the appliances out of it for a nice street van. He's also converting it to port injection.

:O I've never seen a slant 4x4! I've always wanted one though!

My neighbor has one. I can't remember the exact model year, but I'm thinking 1976. Not only is it a /6 4x4, but it's a 3/4 ton with a 3 speed on the column! :wack:
Dallas
BTW, I've seen a couple of /6 Chargers. Been a long time ago so I can't remember the exact years, but I think one was a '71 and the other was a '68. I think the early one was a 3 speed on the column, too. And both were blue. lol

1st car: 2 door 68 Satelitte with/6 and 3 on the tree. not a racer but it moved along just fine.

I had a 66 coronet with a slant. It moved just fine, would run 65 70 mph ok, was never a speed demon getting to those speeds but it did alright. Only saw one charger with a slant in it . This was a 68 with a 3 on the tree. I have a xharger brochure from 68. Havent looked at it lately i think it says V8 only offered on charger, but my 69 charger brochure says 6 or V8 we got you covered. Maybe my 68 charger brochure was printed late in 67. Rare or not id still pass on one and go for the V8. A car that slick just disappoints in the performance department with a slant 6 IMHO.

We had an '83 Slant six Plymouth Voyager Van as a delivery vehicle for about two years when the company first started. It was originally a passenger van. popped out the seats, instant delivery vehicle, cheap, economical, and above it had a bed large enough to carry up to 4'wide x 8' tall doors, dry and secure. And plenty of side room in front of and behind the wheel wells for tools.

I had a nice 67 Belvedere with a slant 6 automatic. Fun car, won a few shows with it, even got it in a publication. During long cruises, I was the only one that didn't have to stop for gas.

-
Back