Slant Six Motor Mounts - What to buy

-

1970Dart198

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 70 Dart with a 198 six. I looked on polybushing's website and found that they only make a "1967-72 Dodge Dart with Slant Six Left Side Only" mount. Since I need new engine mounts, and polybushing only makes the left side mount, what quality engine mounts are out there? (for both sides!)

I'm not looking for cheap overseas Anchor motor mounts that I'll have to replace two years from now. Any recommendations?

Thank you!

I called the company, they only have the left side motor mount for the slant six. I need both, thanks for your response though. Anything better than China/India products out there? I called the company and they make the spool mounts for the slant six's. The guy there said they didn't manufacture the right side for my year engine. Thanks.

I called the company, they only have the left side motor mount for the slant six. I need both, thanks for your response though. Anything better than China/India products out there? I called the company and they make the spool mounts for the slant six's. The guy there said they didn't manufacture the right side for my year engine. Thanks.

Here is a link.....not made in China the last I heard.

http://www.mackayrubber.com.au/content/online-catalogue-search/

Part numbers are A1142 ( left ) and A1143 ( Right )

That's weird...Why don't they have both sides ?

Other than that,good luck finding a quality made U.S. version. If you do,let us know.
Have been using the Bangladesh,Pakistan,India,Turkey,Zimbabwa,models for years.Finally built a torque strap to help them last longer.

Energy Suspension does make a Poly trans mount.

The man I talked to at Polybushings said that the left side of the slant six motor mounts works for both sides of the LA V8's. He says not many people are looking for both sides for a Dart slant six between the years 67-72. He also said that people these days want to cheap out and go with the stuff made in China/India, instead of US quality parts.

CJH, I checked out the website and the parts, they look right. When I entered the part number, below the search it says the vehicles that fit it. I only see Valiants and Regals, so would it fit a Dart? I also found their contact info and engineering plant in Australia. Works for me!

CJH, I checked out the website and the parts, they look right. When I entered the part number, below the search it says the vehicles that fit it. I only see Valiants and Regals, so would it fit a Dart? I also found their contact info and engineering plant in Australia. Works for me!

We didn't have Darts as such, but we did have Hardtops, which were based on the 67 Dart.
The last year we had slant 6's was 1969....but the K frame was the same for 1970, but went a little wider for 1971 to 1981.
!970 to 1981, we had the inline 6 cylinder Hemi in 215, 245 and 265 cubes.

Sorry, I only thought there were (2) different types of motor mounts for a Slant 6.(Spools & Blocks)

-
Back