Slant six removal

-

DemonDave

Swollen Member
Reaction score
I'm pulling out my slant six tomorrow and am wondering where the best place to bolt on the hoisting chains is. I'm familiar with the V8 engines but have never yanked out a 225 before! I'll be pulling the engine and tranny as one unit using an adjustable sling to aid in slinging the engine at the proper angle for ease of removal. Any info would be appreciated.

There is 2 bolt holes on the head next to the valve cover near the intake exuast maniold, i'll check to see if i have a clear pic. lifting by these bolts will balance the engine.

The bolt holes are right inbetween the #3 and #4 tube and right at the #5 tube (sorry i don't know how to add arrows)

I went straight from a stand to the lift and did not try to balance it, just held onto the tranny tail shaft and guided it into the hole. If you are going to leave it on the lift and use the adjustable strap around the tranny it should work.

Moparsegura- If you are refering to the photo i posted thats the engine i put into my duster, click on the photo it will bring you to my photo album there is hundreds of photos of the slant and some drag racing!

Engine's out!

2509155291_462a9f1cb9_b.jpg

The job went very smoothly... unlike trying to give the engine away. I can't believe no one around here wants an 18,000 mile slant six!!!

Same here! I'd have the engine in a heart beat, but then seems like these great deals aways pop up on the other side of the world from me (figuratively speaking that is).

Doesn't help that I've been diagnosed with supremo cheapnessimo or I'd consider shipping one.:-D

Dave, I want your engine!!

I've emailed you about it. Don't sell it to anyone else, I'll come get it tomorrow night if that's good with you.

Neil.

-
Back