slant six sell or scrap???

-

jslay63

slay
Reaction score
recently got a 63 dart with a sland six and three on the tree out of a junk yard. stripped the car is the motor trans worth anything to anyone??? hate to scrap it but dont know what to do with the thing. any advice????

They don't go for much money but some guys really do want the 198's more than the 225's. My theory is that if you can find a place to put it, keep it. If we keep scrapping them, there won't be any more some day. Even if you have to give it to someone who needs one for a twelve pack of beer, know what I mean? It's Karma.

If nothing else strip all the little parts off the engine and send it to china bare.

Is it a 170 or 225? If you send the particulars and price I may be interested in the engine. The three speed isn't worth much of anything today, but just like all the stuff we tossed out in the late 70's it could be worth something years from now.

Yea I here ya gts. Fzmax, I'm not sure wat size it is is that stamped on the block? Sorry I'm new to the mopar scene ha. I can send a pic of it if there is anything u need let me know I'm not trying to get rich off of it...

I'm not sure wat size it is is that stamped on the block?

The easiest way to tell is the length of the bypass hose from the pump to the head. Just like a B/RB, the 170 has a shorter deck and the hose is only about an inch and a half long. It looks like the nipples would be touching and you'd have to pull the pump to replace the hose. The 225 is tight too, but not nearly.

The numbers are also on a pad near the alternator where the head meets the block, but they are rough to read. The 198's were later and didn't come in the early cars but someone could have done a swap.

When you figure out what it is and how much you want let me know. If nothing else I could use a head and some other spare parts.

u could try and sell it, they're not worth much, if u can't sell it i know i'd personally rather give it away then scrap it. someone could use it, just gotta find the right person

Like many have said, better to get a case of beer out of it then scrap it. If you were closer I'd give you 2 cases:drinkers:

If no one here wants it, try over at .org. Someone there will take it!

the motor and trans along with rear and driveshaft is sitting in the garage the guy that was supposed to get it flaked. i just cant bring myself to scrap it.. FOR SALE!!!

Joel, good meeting you. Although you might have them for a while, I wouldn't toss the axle or the driveshaft. Someday someone will need them.

same here. they are sitting in the shed and they can just stay there for a while. like you said someone somday might need them

I gave the two slants I had away to kids that needed a motor to start them off. It is good to know they did not go to waist.

Never scrap a /6! I need one now but cannot afford one...and don't even have a way to pick one up.

They are not super high demand, but some people would like to have them!!

-
Back