slant six to 5.9 360 conversion

-

Gjason89

Reaction score
My car is a 1969 dart already have conversion mounts middle sump oil pan engine is ready from pan to carb . I need help of a diagram for what goes were in the whole pulley system from alternator to power steering and how do the bands go on what brackets go were. And pulleys so that I can get it in. Thanks guy!

If you are looking for belt routing diagram for a magnum, there was a thread on here last week with a pic of underhood sticker.

Which timing chain cover and water pump set up are you going to use???

If you use the old 60's style cast iron oil pump and timing chain, then you need the older style pulleys...

If you use the aluminum water pump, then you need to run the newer style alternator mounting brackets and also the newer radiator...

But if your car has factory power steering, the 60's style power steering brackets for the 69 cars mounted off the hole in the water pump housing... so you would need to use the old cast iron water pump housing for it to mount properly. That would also require the proper old 69 and earlier radiator for everything to match up correctly...

Then if you are going to run A/C or not determines how many groove pulley for the alternator and water pumps....

Ok so look the engine alternator power steering came with out of a 1974 dodge ram charger . I've done the who engine rebuild but having some trouble findings how the brackets and components go on

I think I have figured the pulleys only problem is that I am now stuck on the last bits to getting the engine dropped in. Such as will my original slant six starter work which one do I need ? What headers cheap will work FIT with out having any problems . And what linkage do I need for the 727 torqueflite fit ? Any answers are are highly appreciated !

And what linkage do I need for the 727 torqueflite fit ? Any answers are are highly appreciated !

If it's column shift, you need a different bracket and shift bar. The mounting tab for the shift bar on the 727 is a little higher than on the 904, and since the 727 is wider, you need a shorter bar from the 904.

Here the 904 is on the left and 727 on the right:

Shift link B02 B.jpg

Close up of the trans bracket. 904 is black on the left and 727 is silver on the right:

Shift link B06 B.jpg

Here is the 904 bar compared to the 727. The 727 bar is shorter.

Shift link B11 B.jpg

Here's the difference in the brackets and bar length.

Shift link B14 B.jpg

Thanks I was really hoping I wouldn't need to cut the floor . And were can I order this bracket do you have one for sale

Thanks I was really hoping I wouldn't need to cut the floor . And were can I order this bracket do you have one for sale

I got lucky and found that one when we were putting our car together. I don't know where to find another one, I know another guy who may need one of those soon also...

I did a search last night and couldn't find the right one...

If you find any, let us know...

I would use the much smaller Magnum gear reduction starter. Look for one from an early Dakota. but pretty sure they all will work.

20160427_113716.jpg
Score, bud! Only in like the fourth box I looked through. You must be born under a good sign because I can never find anything:).

not sure if this applies to a dart, but when I changed my 71 duster over from a /6-904 to a 360-727 all the linkage swapped over, no problem

(did need a little bot of adjusting)

If you just pay the shipping the only price I'd ask is to help someone out when you can.:)
PM coming.
That is more than generous. I don't know how to thank you, other than I for sure help out any members of I can. I have tried PM doesn't seem to work get back to me thank you so much.

View attachment 1714920790 Score, bud! Only in like the fourth box I looked through. You must be born under a good sign because I can never find anything:).

That trans bracket is for a 904, not a 727...

The 727 bracket has a jog in it, not a clean 90° bend... Look at the pictures that I posted above....

Anybody know were I can find all the brackets linkages up to tranny stuck on that engine will be ready to drop in Monday so getting last bits ordered need that and some headers that will fit the 69 dart.

-
Back