Slant Won't Crank

-

CheapThrill

Reaction score
:cheers: Hey to all, this is my first post in the forum so i first wanted to start off with a hello. I've been lurking the forum and decided to go ahead and join you guys.

Well with that said, i have a 225 slant in my 73 dart swinger that won't spark. It was running ok 3-4 days ago and haven't drove it since. I left the battery unhooked because i had just dusted all this dirt off of it. The starter is fine and cranks but the slant wont spark at all. Im wondering if its carb or something, and again its been sitting for 3-4 days withought being touched.

Thank you guys in advance for any help you give me, and p.s. if you have yet to notice i am only beginnng to learn anything and everything about cars this is my first one and i'm damn proud of it.

In case you didn't get my PM:

Make sure you are getting 12v to the positive pole on the coil with the key in the "ON" and "START" position. If you aren't, there is your problem! :)

Welcome to the site! Nothing like a Chrysler A-Body!

pull the cap off the distributor and make sure the rotor is spinning! if it isn't then the gear on the dizzy is broke.

In case you didn't get my PM:

Make sure you are getting 12v to the positive pole on the coil with the key in the "ON" and "START" position. If you aren't, there is your problem! :)

Welcome to the site! Nothing like a Chrysler A-Body!
72swinger your right on the dot. Got my slant running again nice and smooth idle. Thanks again for the help.

-
Back