Sleeper 64 Dart on ebay

-
471 ci

1964 Dodge Dart GT | eBay

I want to see the shoe horn he used to get that 440 in that dart.
beautiful. I once drove a 440 gold colored 64 for sale. It was a handful, but he cut up the inner fenders severely, and I was worried there wasn't enough support for the upper control arms and shocks. The pics were cropped just enough so you couldn't tell how he made it fit.

It's not a 440. It's a stroked 400. There's no raised pad behind the water pump indicating an RB, plus it says in the description it's a 400 based 472. They are pretty clearly under chassis headers, though.

reportedly (I've seen pics of several of em) that a B will easily fit with 68-70 HP manifolds (I have a 63 valiant/451 in progress) & I saw a pic once of an early A with a 440 (caption said it was a 440) with the max wedge ex manifolds! I will be using a set of streetmaster mts purchased way back (not sure if they are still available).

reportedly (I've seen pics of several of em) that a B will easily fit with 68-70 HP manifolds (I have a 63 valiant/451 in progress) & I saw a pic once of an early A with a 440 (caption said it was a 440) with the max wedge ex manifolds! I will be using a set of streetmaster mts purchased way back (not sure if they are still available).
Once upon a time, I was given a 65 dart (2dr post?) where someone had swapped in a 383-400 w/auto. If I remember correctly, it had log manifolds, flipped side for side, and the exhaust run forward, and down in front of or thru k-member and then back under. The engine and trans was in at a wacky angle, and there was no kick down linkage. The coil was hooked up backwards. And it had a c-body axle in it, with the rear wheel wells radiused to clear the tires sticking out. I was going to part it out, but instead donated it to Al Young and his JHS shop class.

-
Back