SLEEPYS 69 swinger project

-
About to start on a 69 Custom. Yours is an inspiration.
I need a driver fender, so I'm also curious about what years can work. You said yours was from a Dart Sport? I thought it would have to be a Dart.

Edit: Partly figured it out: 73 - 76 Darts and Dart sports used the same fender which is like the 67-69 Dart fender apart from marker light/reflector placement. Someone said the wheel opening is slightly different. Not sure on that part. Do you know?

Attachments

• New 69.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 804
Big step forward today got the vinyl top installed with the help of 2 friends.EVT turned out GREAT. Also got a orignail radiator installed. STILL NEED A SHROUD HINT

Attachments

• 100_0148.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 786
  • 100_0149.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 806
car looks great! Who is going to be installing you rear glass? and did you get a new rubber for it or are you re using the original?

Absolutely beautiful work!!!!

:)

Attachments

• Trailer pickup Port Hope 2012 049.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 743
we had a hell of a time getting my back window back in.. had to use an original rubber that I got off of another member since new ones arent available..too like 4 of us to get it in... it leaks like a siv... bad... I cant have it out in the rain without turning the trunk into a pool, and the package tray into a water feature LOL .. pisses me off something fierce..

Bill What brand seal did u buy looks like i need 1

That was the problem. All the companies selling them (like Legendary, year one, etc) all say it's a national back order item. Word is the company that was repopping the seals went under. There is only one company making them .. Steele Rubber.. I bought one from them, it was expensive and didn't fit for nothing... So I sent it back.. I ended up getting an original rubber from another member. It was still pliable with no cracks. But despite my best attempts, it leaks like crazy. I'm eventually gonna have to pull it back out. I'm not looking forward to that, as it was miserable to install.

Thats 1 of 2 that I've heard of with that so 1 GTS and 1 Swinger!

My Dad's Swinger had factory hood pins also.
dd.jpg

from what I have heard Soff Seal is supposed to be good... I had a horrible experience with Steele, so I personaly cant recommend them...

Heres a few. Hope to get front & rear glass in this weekend.

Attachments

• 100_0183.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 555
  • 100_0184.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 542
  • 100_0185.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 542
  • 100_0186.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 543
Looking so good:
Hope all is going smoothly.
Let us know how the window seals work out as I will be needing some.
Keep the pictures flowing.

Cheers from the north: Dave

-
Back