Slider type Disc Brakes

-

Old Tired Rebel

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I have to say that the search function does not work well here. I have slider disc brakes on my K frame. I would like to know what I need to do to change it to the pin type calipers?

Just find the appropriate caliper mounting bracket and calipers for the rotor size that you want to run. I followed the Mopar Action Disc-o-tech article to find the appropriate adapters (Did this almost ten years ago, and still remember R, W, X, or S) and sourced calipers from a '72 Charger for the pin-calipers.

I have to say that the search function does not work well here. I have slider disc brakes on my K frame. I would like to know what I need to do to change it to the pin type calipers?

This post seems to have some information on it by just by a quick scan.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=187973&highlight=slider+pin+calipers

This is the search that I used so it might bring up more information too.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/search.php?searchid=5035747

Easy!

You just need a set of pin type caliper brackets and a set of pin type calipers (plus the pins and stuff).

Remove your slider caliper brackets, bolt on the pin type brackets. Remove the slider calipers, bolt on the pin type calipers, bleed the brakes. Taa-daa :cheers:

If you're upgrading to 11.75" rotors, you'll have to add the rotors as well. :D

Do you have a set of slider calipers? I have a set of pin type caliper brackets for ~10.8" rotors, I'd trade them for a set of slider calipers.

Easy!

You just need a set of pin type caliper brackets and a set of pin type calipers (plus the pins and stuff).

Remove your slider caliper brackets, bolt on the pin type brackets. Remove the slider calipers, bolt on the pin type calipers, bleed the brakes. Taa-daa :cheers:

If you're upgrading to 11.75" rotors, you'll have to add the rotors as well. :D

Do you have a set of slider calipers? I have a set of pin type caliper brackets for ~10.8" rotors, I'd trade them for a set of slider calipers.

Yes I have the whole slider set up. And all the new pin calipers, pins,rotors,and brake lines I think. I will get you some pictures.

-
Back