Slight rubbing problem with tires

-

MR.7DUSTER3

His money, My time
Reaction score
Ok guys here it is, SS springs,295-15-60 tires,10 inch wheels, 5" offset

Passenger tire has no problem because of the stiffer spring on that side
Driver side tire just catches the out side of the tread on turns only,
really don't want to put the big shackle bars on it and don't really want air shocks either,rolling the lip isn't an option either.
This is what I would like to to do ,you tell me if you think this would work.

I would like to add a leaf to the spring on the drivers side to beef it up to even out to the passenger side.

What do you guys think,has any body done this or what else is left ?

Bob

you could use a 275/60/15. it would narrow up the footprint of the tire and pull the walls in. they look good on a 10 inch wheel. just an idea.....

Attachments

• 1510.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 269
  • 15101.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 275
73 - what are you running for springs?
My Duster came with 275/60/15 and they rub on the inner fenders on bumps. But I think my leafs are shot, the PO installed the long shackles and it still rubs.
Are my springs that shot? they appear to sit flat with the weight of the car.

sorry for the hijack!

you could use a 275/60/15. it would narrow up the footprint of the tire and pull the walls in. they look good on a 10 inch wheel. just an idea.....

73 - what are you running for springs?
My Duster came with 275/60/15 and they rub on the inner fenders on bumps. But I think my leafs are shot, the PO installed the long shackles and it still rubs.
Are my springs that shot? they appear to sit flat with the weight of the car.

sorry for the hijack!

its not set up like that anymore, that was about two years ago. the previous owner installed 4" shackles on my duster, not only did they look absolutely horrific, they did nothing for the height. so..we took off and cut the last 4" off the bottom of the old shocks, slipped them over the end of a pair of gabriel air shocks, welded them together , basically adding 2" to the air shocks, and pumped 50 pounds of air into them, very nice ride, while adding 2-4 inches in the back.

Has any one added leafs to SS springs ?

Bob

P.S. I know this tire/wheel combo is the problem but both are new and are on the car so I am stuck with them.

Has any one added leafs to SS springs ?

Bob

P.S. I know this tire/wheel combo is the problem but both are new and are on the car so I am stuck with them.

I don't know why you couldn't. Another option would be to buy another right side spring and pop it in there.

Now thats an idea there,I wonder what one spring would cost me ,I beleive we got these from Mancini

Thanks, Bob

Does your car sit level or is the passenger side rear higher?

On my car with SS leafs I adjusted the front end torsion bars to level out the rear end of the car. Might work for you just a thought.

The passenger side sits higher then the drivers side.

............adjust the drivers side torsion bar up alittle.............kim............

have you tried turning the rear leaves on the drivers side around to match the ones on the pass. side?
just a thot! bob

-
Back