Slime Green (sassey grass green)

-

charles

Duster 340
Reaction score
Hello all my son and I are in the middle of building a 71- Duster so far we have rebuilt the motor 40 over, purple-shaft , M-1, frontend rebuild kit from p-s-t we are to the point of firing it up today.We bought the car 1 and a half years ago (a basket case) most parts were there and its 340 car and pretty much rust free. We need windshield for this car any one have please let us know.

I had a 63 valiant and there is a big co that cover's the hole united state's and will install. seem's to me someone here told me about it.
a 71 duster sould not be a problem. charels injoy this site it is the best!!
find the help thread's here at A bodies only keep us posted.

:thumbup: HI all----wanted to let every body know alittle more about my son and I's 71 340 Duster. We found the car in liberty mo,the guy we bought the car from had unbolted everything that could be unbolted. Body,Interior,Engine,and he had been sanding on it for over a year, We went back home and forgot about the car. 6-months later we went on a road trip and for some reson we ended up back at the Duster home (?). In looking the car over real good I realized the body had very little rust in it, 340 block, J-Heads, 727-auto, 3500-stall, rebulit A-833 A-body 4-sp., msd ignition, (6AL), center-line wheels, 489-posi, What the hell we gave him the ($2500.00 price tag) he wanted, then we started boxing every thing up and trailered it to its new home. 1-year later heres what we have done , Block bored 40 over, speed pro pistons, Heads rebuilt ,found out valves are all after market chev valves,(had to replace 3 of them) 2:02's 1:60's ,adjustable rockers, purple shaft cam (509 lift), MP oil pump, timing chain and gears, MP water pump, Lite weight starter, B&M Pro-Stick shifter, Dynomax Cerama Coat Headers, 8qt oil pan, polished alum. valve covers, MP M-1 single plain intake, MP electronic Distributor, autometer 5" tach w/shift light, autometer 3.5 gages , alum-fuel cell, We replaced everything under the front end, And was the wait worth it (Hell Yes) after hearing it start and Run today. The wait has been worth it. This winter we are going to move the leaf spring in 3" add a 8-point cage, Wait for spring and hit the steets next year. We have around $6500.00 in the car now, I guess thats not bad its all new and we know what we"ve got in it. The real kicker to all of this is my first Hot-Rod was a 71 340, 4-sp Duster back in 78, My 18 year has enjoyed as much as I have

well its not much but here it is will get up to date pic soon :lol:

Welcome, she looking mighty good. Sure hope you enjoy the site, alot of good people here. :thumbup:

DSCN7522.jpg

scan0003.jpg

Thats a good looking duster can't wait untill my car is done where did you you get the 6-pack hood how much $$ did it cost(I got to have one) Thanks : :)

:wav: :wav:
charles said:
:thumbup: HI all----wanted to let every body know alittle more about my son and I's 71 340 Duster. We found the car in liberty mo,the guy we bought the car from had unbolted everything that could be unbolted. Body,Interior,Engine,and he had been sanding on it for over a year, We went back home and forgot about the car. 6-months later we went on a road trip and for some reson we ended up back at the Duster home (?). In looking the car over real good I realized the body had very little rust in it, 340 block, J-Heads, 727-auto, 3500-stall, rebulit A-833 A-body 4-sp., msd ignition, (6AL), center-line wheels, 489-posi, What the hell we gave him the ($2500.00 price tag) he wanted, then we started boxing every thing up and trailered it to its new home. 1-year later heres what we have done , Block bored 40 over, speed pro pistons, Heads rebuilt ,found out valves are all after market chev valves,(had to replace 3 of them) 2:02's 1:60's ,adjustable rockers, purple shaft cam (509 lift), MP oil pump, timing chain and gears, MP water pump, Lite weight starter, B&M Pro-Stick shifter, Dynomax Cerama Coat Headers, 8qt oil pan, polished alum. valve covers, MP M-1 single plain intake, MP electronic Distributor, autometer 5" tach w/shift light, autometer 3.5 gages , alum-fuel cell, We replaced everything under the front end, And was the wait worth it (Hell Yes) after hearing it start and Run today. The wait has been worth it. This winter we are going to move the leaf spring in 3" add a 8-point cage, Wait for spring and hit the steets next year. We have around $6500.00 in the car now, I guess thats not bad its all new and we know what we"ve got in it. The real kicker to all of this is my first Hot-Rod was a 71 340, 4-sp Duster back in 78, My 18 year has enjoyed as much as I have

Welcome aboard that is a nice looking solid ride, I love those satin finish wheels, thing about a set for my project down the road. Looks like it should be fast, enjoy the site!

-
Back