Slip Yokes

-
A

Ace

Does anybody know if the driveshaft slip yoke from a 727 CBody will fit a short tailshaft 833 four speed?

I'm in the process of upgrading the driveline in a Duster with parts from the '70 New Yorker I junked last spring. I bought new 28" Yukon axels/bearings and have the rear housing at a custom shop being narrowed now. The only missing link is the driveshaft. I located a place to shorten and balance it, but don't know yet if the slip yoke will fit. Need to use the large U-joint yokes from the New Yorker and/or get ahold of a new slip yoke, if neecssary.

I'll just try it next time I have a chance to get under it and pull the driveshaft. Sure would be nice to know ahead of time though, so I could just start looking for a new slip yoke if I need it.

Tks...

It could, but then again, it might not. There are two sizes of tailshafts (the actual shafts--not the housings) and the 727 yoke fits the large one, the A904 yoke fits the small one.

Wish I could be more help.

Yes it will. 727 and A833 have the same size output shaft. The only thing you have to be concerned with is which size u-joint the drive shaft has but if you are cutting down the C-body drive shaft that shouldn't be an issue.

Yep thanks, heard the same from other sources now, as well. Had a problem with the housing, cut it 1/8" too short. Ended up having it completely re-done, tubed and braced (cost - ouch!). At least it'll be good for a big block someday if I ever get around to that...

-
Back