slipyoke

-

highflyer

Reaction score
im looking to get a d/s cut this week..id like to have a slipyoke in my hands so i can test fit it and make sure im happy with it before i take it all to get cut and assembled. if some one has a part number for a slip for a " A body 833 four speed preferably spicer or neapco,it would be really helpful..and where can i order one..any and all help is highly appreciated..tx..j

No part # but all you have to do is look on the many driveline and parts suppliers websites. Theirs Denny's driveshafts, Moser engineering, Randy's ring and pinion, Mancini Racing just to name a few. Summit and JEGS might even sell them.

BTW: it is a must to measure your driveshaft with the yoke your going to use as all are not made exactly the same. It's always a bummer to lay your money down saying cut me a shaft *** long and install a yoke that's slightly different in length and have it not fit your car. Had a buddy that wouldn't listen to me and did that. He had to go back and pay again to have the shaft cut down to the correct length and re-balanced.

3-3-3931 is the only spicer slip for the 727

Thats also 1350 series only, which series shaft are you using ?

See your local Driveline shop to order one

And no matter who you use including 5 of the already mentioned places, tell them to leave the china on the shelf and not in your shaft.

I spent the day today swapping out my 8 1/4 for a 8 3/4 ...new 10 x 2.5 brakes new dr diff axels changed bushing on my springs and a few other things..when i got finished i looked at the d/s hanging out the rear of the 833 and thot that shaft is going to fit..now this shaft came out of a 318 904 8 1/4 74 duster and darn if it didnt slide in the pinion yoke i just put in and bolt up..only problem,is it only has about 3/4 of an inch slip room before it bottoms out..now iv been using it with a 4 speed 833 and a 8 1/4 rear now its using same 833 but a 8 3/4 now...are they that close..while under there i got a measurement of 49 7/8 from face of yoke to center of u joint..

Jack up the car let the suspension hang in the rear and see what room you have at the trans, see if at that point the shaft is not bottomed out in the trans.
If it is you'll need to shorten the shaft a little.

Once again,,nice having pros on the site..after driving car around the block i never did recheck.i thot i had 5/16 or so .pulled it out this morning and put it in the garage crawled under and had a look..now its got 1 to 1 1/8 in of slip..put stands under it let the wheels hang and it now has about 5/8 of an inch of slip hanging..the shackles and all must have moved into correct position..Thanks for all the advice and help..j

-
Back