slotted rotors

-

pauly v.100

Reaction score
can someone wiser than myself please clarify for me the correct orientation for slotted rotors? i've seen them mounted both ways but i can't seem to find a definitive answer and i'm worried that mine may not be correct. thanks!

0606091808a.jpg

The slots can go either way - which side to put the rotors on depends on the internal vanes inside the rotor. Some have straight vanes and can go either way. Others have curved vanes that have to go on a particular side. Curved vane rotors will have specific instructions about which way they turn - and different manufacturers cut the slots different ways.

can someone wiser than myself please clarify for me the correct orientation for slotted rotors? i've seen them mounted both ways but i can't seem to find a definitive answer and i'm worried that mine may not be correct. thanks!

Generally the rotor grooves should be turning from inner to outer edge when rolling forward (clockwise on the right, counter-clockwise on the left). This helps the groove expel wear crud from the pads.

The one you have pictured in your post is correct, IMO.

-
Back