slow/ fast / respectable?

-
This is a total street car? 15's with the mph are slow and the 60' shows the biggest issue. It's not the end of the world. It's not like your off by a huge margin. The cars weight is also working against you, otherwise, Stroked is correct, as far as getting the time down.

Get yourself a set of 3.91/4.10's and some sticky tires..street tires are just for that the street..

But are you ready to move away from the 3.23's? Not being able to get off the line quickly or into and finish up with the last (4th) gear is not letting the engine/car package to use its full ability. If not, just start with the wider tires. You need not have slicks for the track only. You can double duty with a good tire. Once you have as wide as a tire you can get with your current set up, play with air pressures of the tires

A suregeip equipped rear would also help a lot since your spinning that one tire.

Order of items;

Sure grip
Wide tires

Weld your spider gears together and put some better tires on it. You would pick up a lot.

This is a total street car? 15's with the mph are slow and the 60' shows the biggest issue. It's not the end of the world. It's not like your off by a huge margin. The cars weight is also working against you, otherwise, Stroked is correct, as far as getting the time down.

But are you ready to move away from the 3.23's? Not being able to get off the line quickly or into and finish up with the last (4th) gear is not letting the engine/car package to use its full ability. If not, just start with the wider tires. You need not have slicks for the track only. You can double duty with a good tire. Once you have as wide as a tire you can get with your current set up, play with air pressures of the tires

A suregeip equipped rear would also help a lot since your spinning that one tire.

Order of items;

Sure grip
Wide tires

Correct, total street car.That said its alittle addicting.......

DON'T WELD YOUR SPIDER GEARS!!! A new ring and pinion is $185. A suregrip is a little more. For $100 i use a spool, but I drag only. Just some completely of the cuff estimates for ya as I can see your feeling the dragstrip bug. A very well thought out $1000 should get mid 12's . Every tenth after that will coast another $1000. ( reliably)
I could put you in touch with my son who is a mechanic there in Denver and often frequents the dragstrip there with friends and family. He's pretty familiar with my duster I'v sent for him often to come drag race it and work on it with me. It would be good for him to help work on a Mopar anyways as he will be inheriting mind in the next couple years and be up there at the Denver drag strip drag racing with you..

-
Back