Small block 4 barrel throttle cable length

-

67dodgedartconv

Reaction score
I have a 67 Dart that was a 273 2 barrel car from the factory. I put in a 318 with 360 heads and factory 360 4 barrel manifold. I bought an aftermarket replacement 340 throttle cable holder (bracket) and installed it. I bought an aftermarket replacement 340 throttle cable and it is several inches too long. I mounted a street demon (thermoquad replacement type) carb. I think the cable length was listed as 24 inches which was the shortest one listed, think I got it from Mancini. When I hook the end to the throttle lever stud I get a large "s" bend in the cable which causes it to bind badly. I could not reuse my 2 barrel throttle because it was frayed. The carb butterflies open freely with the cable removed. What is everyone using for a correct length cable? Mine may be 4 to 6 inches too long?

I have a 67 Dart that was a 273 2 barrel car from the factory. I put in a 318 with 360 heads and factory 360 4 barrel manifold. I bought an aftermarket replacement 340 throttle cable holder (bracket) and installed it. I bought an aftermarket replacement 340 throttle cable and it is several inches too long. I mounted a street demon (thermoquad replacement type) carb. I think the cable length was listed as 24 inches which was the shortest one listed, think I got it from Mancini. When I hook the end to the throttle lever stud I get a large "s" bend in the cable which causes it to bind badly. I could not reuse my 2 barrel throttle because it was frayed. The carb butterflies open freely with the cable removed. What is everyone using for a correct length cable? Mine may be 4 to 6 inches too long?

We’ve snapped 7 cables from Mancini. They should be 18 in for your set up. We tried to put the 24 from Mancini and it stuck past the end so fricken far! Lol. We may put the braided cable on next that’s on a 69 340 edelbrock high rise and carb. id look summit. Mancini has the 18 there just too lazy to look for it XD. I love Mancini thoe good parts. I think summit has he 18-19 cable

-
Back