small block 727 question

-

George R

Mopar Nutcase
Reaction score
Hi guys-
Does anyone have a picture of the inspection (or dust) cover for a small block 727 transmission? I need one for my 69 Dart 340 car, but I have no idea what it's supposed to look like. There are a few on ebay, but like I said, I don't know which one is for my ride.

Thanks in advance!!!

George

Hi guys-
Does anyone have a picture of the inspection (or dust) cover for a small block 727 transmission? I need one for my 69 Dart 340 car, but I have no idea what it's supposed to look like. There are a few on ebay, but like I said, I don't know which one is for my ride.

Thanks in advance!!!

George

they have 2 small holes and 4 large holes. i think big block has 4 small holes. i will try and get a pic.

Here's one on E-bay. Only problem is this is the one that has an extra cutout at the bottom for another plate that allows access to drain the torque converter and it don't come with the extra plate on the bottom. I know Mancini's sold them last year (the ones without the bottom cutout) because I got one but now I can't find it on their website. Last year they were only about $25 from them so you may want to call them.

Here's the one on E-bay so you know what it looks like.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1966...022QQitemZ350044818200QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

You'll notice it has a hole for the starter to go through. The big block ones don't have that and they only have four 1/4" bolts holding them on.

Glad to help George. I saw that other one too. Must be made out of some precious metal at that price. LOL

You might try putting out an ad in the wanted section. I bet somebody has an extra laying around.

Glad to help George. I saw that other one too. Must be made out of some precious metal at that price. LOL

You might try putting out an ad in the wanted section. I bet somebody has an extra laying around.

Thanks again Fishy.
I emailed the seller (who is in CT BTW) and he also has the small cover to go with it for another $5.
I have bought from this guy before, and have been to his shop, so feel free to buy from him. He's a good egg.

Thanks again guys,
George

-
Back