[WANTED] Small block 727 transmission tube and dip stick...

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abodybomber

Breaking street machines , since 1983.....:)
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
Have the Lokar setup,witch is a pain... Thus,looking for a pass car, 727 dipstick and tube...
You can reply on this thread,or PM me.( USPS Money order,is how I prefer to pay) Anyone interested,obviously respond...Thank You,FABO....

Got plenty of those neighbor
I will ,drop by... Shocked Lori/Laurie(?), when I dropped by, a few months ago.... Send her , my apologies... I will let you know when I will arrive, Let's make it good, I need a good alignment.. I like alignment plates, and gauges.... Thank You.....

Get the locking dipstick off mancini racing. It has the vastly superior top-hat style grommet. It's only like $40 for the entire thing complete.

Get the locking dipstick off mancini racing. It has the vastly superior top-hat style grommet. It's only like $40 for the entire thing complete.
I saw that.I like OEM engineering , here....
Just ,my personal preference.....

If you want OEM get a stock dipstick tube and put one of these on:
Transmission filler tube repair end transmission dipstick tube repair
It comes with the top-hat style grommet

The original OEM style which uses an O-ring is inferior. GM used this style of grommet as well as later Chrysler transmissions.

FYI you can install it a variety of ways. Weld, braze, JB-weld, epoxy, etc. It's not critical.

Also FYI this is exactly what I have on my car.

I have the worthless Lokar short d stick... I get my best results, with factory parts... This is one, of those situations......

Mancini also has the stock style new, but I can't find the link, call them....

I have the worthless Lokar short d stick... I get my best results, with factory parts... This is one, of those situations......
If I could twist your arm over the internet I would and tell you to get the locking Mancini Racing one. It's the same as the later-year Chrysler tubes which used the top-hat style grommet. It has an improvement as it has a locking dipstick, no more dipstick popping off as is a common occurrence. There are no other design changes like the crappy Lokar one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back