small block dipstick length??

-

74360duster

JEREMY
Reaction score
i have put my 360 from my drag car into my street car. i had a truck rear sump pan on it in the drag car and now i have a center sump moroso on it now. my question is:
I have the tall dip stick tube, so how long is the dip stick for a center sump pan with tall dipstick tube. all my other parts cars have the short tube in them. i seen a few at the car shows with the taller tube but did not have a tape measure to measure them
Please help. keeping me from having it done...
thanks

problem is my dipstick is for a rear sump. i need to cut it off the correct length.
my pan is an 8qt moroso. is that 8qt before or after filter is full? i was at a mopar show last weekend and there are for sure 2 different length dipstick tubes or the mopar a body small block. and of course i did not have a tape measure to measure one. so i am hoping someone has the long one and can get me an accurate measurement.
thanks

Drain it, put 9 in it, start it, get pressure, wait 5 min; then etch the rod
Had to do that on inboard/outboard chebbies.

i guess i never thought, i have a short tube dipstick in another car in the field.. guess i could just measure the differences in the lengths of the dipstick tubes and cut accordingly. that would be ok. since i do have a dart in the field with the shorter tube and dipstick in it.
the tube in my car is 10 1/4" in. long from block to top of tube..

I wouldn't put 9 quarts in an 8 quart pan, the filter barely holds 1/2 a quart. I just put in 7 quarts on mine, run it, let the oil drain back, mark the stick, that is your one quart low mark. Add 1 quart bringing the total to 8 and remark the stick, that's your full mark.

-
Back