Small block engine ID - again

-

g413

Reaction score
I've seen on the site where the size of the engine can be seen on the block. However what about real life where the engine is in the car and all components installed. Can the number actually be seen? From above or below the car?

Yes you can probably still see the info a light and mirror c/would probably help. Sometimes I use my cell phones camera it gets good images that I normally can not see. Also, left front side of block is another place just under the cyl head. The assembly info is there, year, factory, cid, fuel type, date assembled, and number that day.

The best that you can do is to scrape the dirt/grease/paint off of the part of the block on the driver's front below the head. The engine factory data is there and includes the engine size. sometimes it is stamped lightly and difficult to read, but that is the best you can do without climbing below and/or having it on an engine stand.

Look at the last three pictures in the 1st post in this thread for more detailed info on the stamping number in that location.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=285021

-
Back