small block headers

-

71_dart_swinger

Reaction score
im looking for a body headers for small block i smashed mine real good while i was racing some one and hit a huge hump and flattened drivers side lol

good luck i believe that you will have to buy a new set. i dont know why someone doesnt change the design of that left header. i cant even begin to tell you how many that i have smashed flat from a cheap set of headmans all the way to a $500 set of hooker super comps. i think that someone could make a killing off of just selling replacment left side headers. --- the kaptain -- [email protected]

Buy some TTIs and never crush a header again.

IM000910.jpg

IM000913.jpg

wow! those TTIs are nice where do you find them and how much do they run? i would definatly like a set of them for my duster when i get it put together. i dont recall seeing them in the jegs catolog or maybe i have just over looked them. it was not even my original question but i do very much appreciate the pictures and info.
thanks - the kaptain

I bought them from Mancini Racing. They were $690 for the ceramic coating on the out side and Thermal barrier on the inside.

thanks for the info adam. never thought to check with mancini, just a brain fart i guess. i have used them for several other parts in the past. thanks again! - the kaptain

You could make really good friends with a custom pipe bending shop. I have replaced the bottom section of pipe on headers several times, cut out the bad, get a pipe bent with some flanges to go over the old, and braze or weld it back together. All depends on how much you want to spend right now.

Just got a quote on TTI headers for the Duster today $733.00 from TTI.Ceramic coated w/thermal liner .We live in Anaheim which isnt to far from Corona where TTI is located.We will be picking them up next week. No shipping charge that way.

Bob

DusterBoy15 said:
leme know what you have to do when you put them in thanks

I installed a set on my Dart Sport a couple of years ago.
They have a link to the installation instructions on this page, about 1/2 way down on the right.

http://www.ttiexhaust.com/PDF/II-TTI340A.pdf

This was the easiest set of headers I ever installed. (Not counting the custom set I helped make for my old 2x3 frame ET bracket Challenger.) You don't need the 90* oil filter adapter, just a short filter, and the Mopar mini-starter is easy to get in & out with the TTI's.

The instructions do say that some of the steering linkage needs to be disconnected. Plan on it. But, I did my installation on an open trailer that sits a little high and is open in the center. This gave me a lot of room underneath to maneuver, as if the car was on a lift, and somehow I was able to get them in without disconnecting any steering parts! But the engine was raised off the mounts as far as it would go, rocked around and the steering was turned back & forth to find the most clearance during installation. But by disconnecting some links, it may be a little easier and reduce installation scratches.

The internal thermal barrier is a good idea because not only will it keep the heat from radiating, it helps protect the insides from rust, which prolongs life and maintains smooth, efficient exhaust flow. They also use thicker tubing than most other headers.

Remember to pay attention to your engine and trans mounts. OEM rubber deteriorates, gets soft and allows the engine & trans to sag/settle. That can cause interference problems. New OEM rubber, or better yet, poly mounts help restore proper orientation. I had to shim my trans mount a bit till I replaced the OEM rubber.

The 1 5/8"-1 3/4" step works well in a wide variety of applications, from street cars to race cars. I've gone 11.60's with my 3,530lb Stock class Dart and other have gone high 10's in similar, lighter cars!

They also clear all of the commonly available oil pans. Some headers will not clear the 8 qt. Milodon pans.

-
Back