Small block in a slant 6 abody 67-72 cheap and easy using truck mounts

-
Like this

15546110898903525513625639081521.jpg

That's crazy...that's why I looked for other methods...shumaker wants big$$ also

I can vouch for this. Did it a few years ago when swapping a 318 into an original /6 '70 Duster; used a mid '70's 318 truck bracket on the passenger side and a standard 318 A body bracket on the driver side. It dropped right onto the /6 K member, nice and level, plenty of room.
Look it's a new member from 2013 LOL.,
Two comments in five years, now you have a like as well LOL....

WAIT A MINUTE!!!!!!! So you're telling me that a passenger truck and an Abody V8 is all that I need to install my Magnum 5.9 into my 73 Slant6 Dart or am I missing something here??

Because that is a HUUUUUGE cost savings when compared to the Schumacher Kit's!!!!

I believe the title States it only goes to a 72

73 spool type slant 6

73 and up spool type motor mounts from Schumacher have been on backorder since April 2018

Side note
AMD sheet metal rear passenger quarter panel sections been on backorder since April 2018 from AMD

if anybody cares

Hi. Just for your info, full size Dodge vans of the same years also have those same brackets. Passenger side works great. One of my good friends used it in his 1970 Dart for the conversion.
Bobby

Very cool Bobby thanks for the heads up ..with shumaker out of the game it's good to know other ways to finagle...

I bought a /6, 70 Duster parts car many moons ago, that had a big block stuffed in it the same way. The thing had a 400/727 combo in it that fit great. I know the passenger side mount was a truck mount, but they used a piece of one inch diameter steel pipe in place of the isolator! The drivers side mount was a factory mount and isolator of some sort.

I can vouch for this. Did it a few years ago when swapping a 318 into an original /6 '70 Duster; used a mid '70's 318 truck bracket on the passenger side and a standard 318 A body bracket on the driver side. It dropped right onto the /6 K member, nice and level, plenty of room.
KickN BUTT!!!!

-
Back