Small block supercharger setups

-
what is going on with the thermostat housing?

Well..... That’s a world famous Dick Landy “intake” manifold....
DLI had offered SBM blower kits after MP discontinued them. DLI’s kits were a poorly designed system with a hacked up intake manifold...... The pulley systems design was lacking any skill or quality too...

Well that's just Dandy
use a screw type blower on the street if you have a choice
We went from 8-71 to screw type on BBC offshore boat motors due to less heat
but then we had intercoolers..
my customer could blow up Cigarettes indiscriminately- mostly by coming back into the water wiht the revs up

Well..... That’s a world famous Dick Landy “intake” manifold....
DLI had offered SBM blower kits after MP discontinued them. DLI’s kits were a poorly designed system with a hacked up intake manifold...... The pulley systems design was lacking any skill or quality too...
That looks nothing like the Dick Landy set up I have, manifold wise.

Well that's just Dandy
use a screw type blower on the street if you have a choice
We went from 8-71 to screw type on BBC offshore boat motors due to less heat
but then we had intercoolers..
my customer could blow up Cigarettes indiscriminately- mostly by coming back into the water wiht the revs up
My buddy is splitting Hemi blocks like tooth picks in his boat. He asked me the last time I seen him if I had any 2nd gen hemi blocks, he said he started putting BBC in it, because he could find them, but he said they fall apart fast, compared to the hemi. He runs on the river, or sometimes the lake, fresh water.
If you think of it a boat engine takes alot more abuse, than a drag engine.
A drag engine you are hard into it at most for 10 seconds, a boat engine, sometimes if you have enough water, you may be into it for 5 minutes wide open.

-
Back