-
Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulRM

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hey all. I want to run 60 series tires on the rear of my '68 Dart and wanted to go with an appropriate wider than stock wheel to fit. What I was told was to look for wheel that is 5.5" in width. Can anyone confirm this is a good choice/fit and are there 2 out there somewhere?
Please, these must be small bolt pattern. Must be small bolt pattern wheels. I have already bought and paid for four Magnum 500's (that buddy won't buy back ) that I was assured would fit! Hence my repeating myself.
I would like them to be in good condition of course. My intent is to put white letter tires on them with trim rings and dog dish hubcaps. Prefer black wheels as opposed to another colour.
If in the the United States of America, shipping could be to 04619 (Calais Maine) otherwise shipping to New Brunswick (Saint John)
Thanks a bunch and have a great day.
Cheers Paul

yes mopar made a 5.5" rim for sbp mopar-- they came on formula S,gts type a bodies.
Check the wheels/tires area-- you might be able to have a custom made rim for not much different money.
6" or 7" rims will allow more width on a tire--- Read up(lot's of info on what fits your car) & then make 1 purchase--- that way you won't be disappointed.
Good luck-- those 5.5" are not hard to find-- just might not be cost effective .Lawrence

Thanks guys for the help. I'll be checking around. Just thought someone might have had a couple lying around (doing nothing).
Cheers Paul

I will check and get back to you. Seems to me I've got a few kicking around.

O.K I found 2. When I measure Im going from the outer lip to outer lip and get 5.5 inches.I this the correct way to measure?Yes,they are 4 inch bolt pattern.

You'll need to measure the inside of the rim where the bead of the tire would seat. Outside measurements would probably be around an inch wider than what it actually is.

You can run a 60-series on a 5.5" wide rim. It just has to be a smaller width like a 205-215 (if they are still avaialble). Many mnfrs are phasing out alot of their 14" tire offereings. The 60-series number is just a height designation.. You want to mainly focus on what kind of widths are availablel and recommended for a 5.5" rim.

You'll need to measure the inside of the rim where the bead of the tire would seat. Outside measurements would probably be around an inch wider than what it actually is.

O.K,thanks. That clears something up. I measured one rim that has a tire mounted. Did this by laying the rims edge on a 4x4 and measured from the 4x4 to the upper lip[ by eyeballing it. Looked to be 6.5 inches. I got a little confused..but now I think that 6.5 outer dimension would be a 5.5 rim.

I have 6 or 7 more rims to check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back