small bolt to Big bolt

-

terzmo

Reaction score
Being a lifelong B body guy and just getting a 72 Demon, what's the easiest way to convert the small bolt pattern wheels to big bolt ? I was thinking axel swap on the 8 3/4....any suggestions ?

Also I have spindles from a 73 dart to convert to disc up front...I know these work on a B body...am I ok here also ?

Axle swap would be my choice. You will have to redrill existing drums or change over to bigger drums/backplates from a B or E body. The offset is different for the axle/drums for the B & E cars vs the A body.

73 Dart stuff will work on the front just fine. You'll need the upper a arms as the ball joints are different along with the spindles and brake parts.

Axles from 60s 70s c-body have enough diameter to cut and re-spline..Mosers in portland Ind. did 3 pr. for me,,$85.00 a pair..$75.00 a pair if you have venders liecense. This was some years ago though.. Don`t know if he still ofers this service... He`s about 1-1/2 hr. drive from me. I removed the the studs,used bailing wire, wire ties, duct tape,and heavy cardboard box to ship..You might give mosers a call first..

-
Back