Smaller shock bushings?

-

indirect_connection

Reaction score
In the middle of an axle swap. Using Speedway lower shock mount/leaf spring plate.

The plate does not come with a shock stud. A coworker gave me some bolt in shock studs, but they appear to be 9/16 and the stock stud joints are 11/16.

I can't seem to find larger bolt in stud, or bushings with a smaller ID.

Anyone run into this? Any advice?

Is the stud hole threaded or smooth?

Use upper shock studs. Cut off the longer body side and leave length for the thickness of the plate . put it through the hole and weld it from the back side . That is how we fix broken factory shock plate studs.

shock%20plates[2].jpg

Can you make or find a bushing to use? I believe my Caltrac plates came with reducer bushings. Heck, I think a lot of the Rancho shocks come with them as well. I'll see if I have any extras laying around if you cant find/make any.

Thanks a bunch! I think the easiest fix is going to be those trailer bushings. Using those upper shock studs would be great if I had access to a parts car. Ebay shows over 50 bucks for a reproduction set!

Thanks a bunch! I think the easiest fix is going to be those trailer bushings. Using those upper shock studs would be great if I had access to a parts car. Ebay shows over 50 bucks for a reproduction set!

I just checked and I've got these (below). I'd be happy to send you a couple if they'll work.

What is the ID of the rubber bushing? Is it 11/16"?

The OD of the stud is 9/16", correct?

upload_2022-7-1_11-41-0.png

I just checked and I've got these (below). I'd be happy to send you a couple if they'll work.

What is the ID of the rubber bushing? Is it 11/16"?

The OD of the stud is 9/16", correct?

View attachment 1715950127
I have used sets for $15.00 plus ride. I'll send washers and nuts as pictured for a standard set.

-
Back